Thursday, January 20, 2005

Ice Cold

Something New...

Anger suffers as grief withdraws into the cold pit of a man's soul. How does one live on this Earth with so much suffering and grief. Grief that can split a man's insides and make him bleed. No! It was better to allow the writhing hot painful grip of grief to be quietly snuffed out by the cold dark presence of anger. Anger made a man feel justified. Anger made it alright somehow. But, the frigid cold of anger causes a man to suffer, and before he even realizes it he is a changed man, no more to feel the lick of grief's flames. He is hard, cold, and unfeeling. His heart shivers from the cold but is not moved. The numbness grows across his face, creasing and cracking, and seasons his hair with the bitter specks of gray. Old, far beyond his years he sinks deeper into the depths of his suffering. Oh Yes! Anger suffers the soul as it quakes to silence the groaning monster of grief. The aftermath chills to the bone.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!