Monday, February 05, 2007

Some New Poems!

"Pulsating"

Pulsating, moving, breathing, living art,
Rhythm, blues, classic, rock,
Life, breath…talent from God.

Strength, slender, towering tree,
Dreads, Color, Black, a King!
Heartbeat, rhythm, moving me to my knees!

Sensual, Masculine, Feminine, LiFe…
…MoViNg fluid through space and time.
Mother Earth, Father Time, RhYThm in syncopated time!

Spirit, Soul, those long ago,
Keep moving, moving, moving feet toward the goal,
Of love, laughter, passion, joy…the journey of a MoViNg soul!

---------------------------------------------

"Baby Doll"

Fair-haired porcelain treasured thing,
sittin’ in a field where briars grow.

Waxen lips and glassen eyes,
Joints that move…thick…precise.

You are only good if adored!
Were you made for something more?

Pretty blue dress was soiled today,
Mama says I should throw you away.

“B-a-a-b-y D-o-l-l!” he drawls to me,
“Come be all you can be!”

Lady on the street and a trollop in bed,
First say grace and then break bread!

Pretty Baby Doll with the Soiled Dress on,
Sittin’ in a field where briars grow…

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!