Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A group of children of all ages sat bunched near one another breath held, anticipation tangible and rich. Giggles and gasps came from all in attendance as a slender woman with short red curls sat reading a tale of magic and richness before her adoring audience. The applause reached the gates of heaven as people stood to their feet with childlike wonder. Tears glistened in Audrey’s eyes as she grasped hold of Cindy’s warm gaze, her two beautiful children sat snuggly under each arm of their aged Mamaw. Her husband gave her an encouraged two thumbs up and she laughed out loud. She felt a soft tug on the hem of her skirt and peered into glistening pools atop a tiny frame. The little freckle-faced boy stared up at her with big brown eyes, she lowered herself to his level and said, “How can I help you sir?”
“Is this story real,” he asked with unashamed candor. “Yes my child it is,” Audrey said brushing her hand loosely over his hair. A broad grin crossed his face displaying a missing front tooth, “then will you sign my book Mrs. Audrey!”
“I would be delighted to,” the words barely escaping her mouth as tiny hands pushed the book into her hands. The pages where soft and richly colored, on the front was the silhouette of a man encased in angel’s wings, the title read “His Wings”. The book still left Audrey deep in thought of what had happened in her life. She had been richly blessed by the Savior’s touch and shelter. She loosed her mind from her many thoughts and looked back at this inquisitive child, “Who shall I make it out to?”
His eyes danced as he bubbled out, “Jeremy!” Her heart caught at the thoughts that name brought, and as her pen worked her soul gave thanks she had gotten an angel for Christmas.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!