Saturday, October 29, 2005

Heart Sins...a work in progress...

I.

The charred sod breathed deeply of death.
The forest lay with a thickness of black glass on uncloaked branches and parched clay blistered by the amber liquid that spilled flaming hot across this barren land.
The glowing ground lay agitated...
Sizzling, Sputtering, and Quivering...
devoured in the savage flames.

The barage was not laid out with faithful artilery
A beast of this kind is only extinguished once the tongue of burning fire has slaked its thirst.
Bulging at the seams it dissipates into atmosphere taking with it all that is beautiful and serene.

She had amused herself in the flames
Their painful stroke set her ablaze
Craving more of this tempestous feeling that swelled within her
She immeresed herself in the sensous touch of the hot coals that enkindled her delicate skin.
She sighed under the weight of bliss she felt in the consuming fire.

It was powerful, controling, and all encompassing
She prayed with self-righteous dignity that the amber liquid would never stop spilling forth...
Hot and Alive!

In the end it receded as quickly as it came
Leaving in its station the ash of impenatrable darkness.
She quaked in the cavity of this suffering pitch.
Withdrawing from the tender touch of the malevolent fingers that transplanted deep within and around the black current.

The doe-eyed girl sat bare and vulnerable in the middle of the carnage licking a bleeding wound over her left leg.
This pain afflicted rather than emblazened and she felt the hurt immerse itself within her marrow.

"Lord!?!?..." a tremble barely even a thought carried on a feather across the desolate earth,
A prayer unbidden from the hallow bruised soul anesthetized by the sorrow that split her stone heart in two.

II.

The Woodsman placed His weathered hand on the squalid wood
Crumbling it to ash beneath His fingertips
His heart ripped in anguish over the devistation that had befallen this sacred wood.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!