Friday, October 21, 2005

Little Girl

By Michelle Darsey

Inspired by: Kyle who passed away 10/3/05

Michelle left this on my clothes this morning in the bathroom...she is so talented and this touched me so deeply I thought I would share it!

Little girl, why do you cry?
Too proud to ask for help, you hold your head up high.
Little girl, why are you laying down with a cement angel at your head.

Woman of independence.
Do you believe in love?
Have you ever experienced what it does?

Spirit of restlessness
Where do you wish to be
Are you tired of all the damage you receive
Are the painful waves beginning to wear down your little boat out on this vast sea?

Beautiful creature
Why did you choose to leave this place?
Did you just need a peaceful space?

Teacher about life's importance
What made you choose this lecture?
What made you choose this story today?
Your impact was really strong, I must say
I hope you knew your classroom of students adored you without limitations or restraints.

Little girl, now I'm crying.
Because your laying under and angel with your name on the grave.
I'm sorry for you this day.

Little girl, now I'm crying.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!