Thursday, August 24, 2006

Black Knight...Prince Charming!

I

The first night my black knight came to visit me he stood at the end of my bed starring with those eyes of emerald.

The second night
His lips hung close to my ear. His breath smelled like vinegar and rosebuds
and he whispered lies and what-nots that seeped into my soul,
until the taste of rosebuds resided in my mouth and the stinging vinegar coursed through my veins.
He vibrated in me and I wanted more.

He patiently (or so it seemed) came three nights after.
He was chivalress, handsome,
I wanted him,
But more importantly he wanted me.
I was desired and it was enough.

The sixth and final night he came
and I knew he came to take.
I was more than willing to give.

The pain bulged like a fat water balloon pricked by a sharp needle.
This was surely not what love and intimacy felt like.
I was hallowed from the inside out.
The wine drank, quickly became bitter and I spat blood.

He tore his body from mine and slithered out the door.
I could not catch my breath to say,
"Wait, don't go!"
And was left with my open wounds.
The smell of death entered the room.

II

The first night that my Prince Charming came to see me the song of death hovered over me and I was accepting of the melody.

I did not wish for Him to see me in this condition and begged him to leave me with my shame, but He stayed.

His strong and gentle face displayed His mercy blanket of peace for me,
while His gentle eyes of the sea conveyed forgiveness and acceptance.
He washed and dressed my wounds, and stroked my hair; he never left when the sun broke through the surface.
He was with me always,
Never telling me how much he loved or desired me, but showing me.

The nights that followed He stayed by my side.
Never saying that my wounds were ugly,
but showing me His scars in an intimacy I never felt before.
His love was pure, and I knew I needed it.

The seventh night my Prince Charming was there my Black Knight came slithering back scratching for a hole to seep into, but he found none.

He screamed angry words of forgiveness
and pleaded for me to unlock the blood soaked door,
but it was my Prince Charming that spoke in my defense.

"You have no place her Black Knight, leave my beloved alone."

The demon-eyed Black Knight turned on his haunches and slithered away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, this is amazing, you write like no one I've ever read before. Awesome.

Much Love,
Michelle

franky said...

I was just looking around to see what I could read and what should appear before me but a really amazing piece of poetry for my soul. That speaks so much truth to it. It is truly inspiring. Thank you

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!