Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jeremiah...by Sara Groves

Jeremiah tell me about the fire
That burns up in your bones
I want to know I want to know more now
The burning of ambition and desire
It never could come close
To that fire To that fire

Verse 1: I was looking to myself
And I forgot the power of God
I was standing with a sparkler in my hand
While I stood so proud and profound
You went and burned the whole place down
Now that’s a fire

Verse 2: I was caught up in this vice
And it’s power to entice
I was dwelling on my hopelessness and doubt
With the slightest invitation You came with total detonation
Now that’s a fire

Bridge: I was warming my hands by this little light of mine but now I know it’s time time to come in from the cold Fight fire with fire, come fan the flame come stir up these coals in my soul, in my soul till it burns out of control

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!