Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Synopsis

I am thrilled to be presenting the brand new story “An Angel for Christmas.” I thought it might be nice to give some backdrop on why this is so special for me. Ten years ago in December of 1997 I wrote my first Christmas story with this very same title. Last Christmas I went back and read the 1997 version again. I was utterly embarrassed that I had even made multiple copies of this less than stellar work. It was, let me see how I should put this…horrific. It’s true; I do not tell a lie. The story was also written when I was in my angel phase. I had read a book that focused more on angelic beings than the Creator of them and it sort of messed with my impressionable mind. However, I really liked the idea of the story and set out to see if maybe I could revamp it. God really poured His heart into this project and I am truly proud of what it has become. A few pages of bad grammar and spelling have become Ten Chapters of bad grammar and spelling (ha, ha). I am far from where I would want to be in my writing, but am blessed to see where God is taking me. This is truly a labor of love and I have found myself blessed by the message God has infused in it. I know for me, I have lived in the same spaces that Cindy has lived in, and to see her come out the other end loving the Lord and life the way she does leaves me in awe and completely inspired.

My prayer is that this will bring some joy and magic back into your heart this holiday season. I also pray that you know the intention of this work is in complete humility and glory to God.

I have to thank everyone who read my compiled works last year and enjoyed them. In attempts from keeping this stale I will not promise a work next year unless God inspires it.

Otherwise sit back, get a box of tissues, and get ready to encounter an angel for Christmas…

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!