Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thanks and Gratitude

To the very heart and definition of Christmas who spins magic, wonder, and hope into this holiday season, may I always find shelter in the shadow of your wings. Thank you for creating such a loving and rich character as Nate, it truly was unexpected. May I learn to dust myself off, fix my eyes on you, and surrender.

Thank you to my family and their love and patience with me. I am truly indebted to Grandmother’s who spoil me, aunts and uncles who love and pray for me, a Mom and Dad that believe in me, and two amazing sisters who help hold my arms up. I am without words.

To my other family, I know that I would not make it without each and everyone of you. Northside Baptist Church has been a refuge for my broken spirit, healing salve for a wounded soul, and a spring board for my ever strengthening wings. Thank you to the ladies of that church who have mentored, developed, and nurtured my spirit. Thank you to a pastor who does make me change my shoes quite often. I am blessed beyond measure to have each of you in my life.

To my friends who uphold and love the weirdo that is me. This life would just not match the level of hope, joy, laughter, tears, good conversation, and love that I have if you were not in it. I have gained wisdom and insight from each of you fine women. I know that if anyone would listen to us the world would be a drastically different place. You are always invited…there is a warm bed, comfortable chair, good food, and great love waiting in the home of my heart for you.

May you be brushed by an angel’s wing. I thank God each time I remember you.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!