Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Prayer: Psalm 40

I am waiting patiently for You, Lord! You hear my cry and draw near to me. You drew me out of the pit, into everlasting light. The clay which mired my steps has been replaced by Your Rock! You prepared my steps even before the foundation of the world – You know me as Your true creation.

I sing to You – the song You placed on my lips cannot be contained. All praise to You my Lord and my Savior! May those around me see Your goodness, and trust in You. I am blessed because I trust in You! May I ever be humbled, and speak Your truth, again and again!

I cannot count the wonderful works You have performed! I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Your favor toward me. I am ever on Your thoughts. Your thoughtfulness towards me has left me speechless! GLORY!

My sacrifices and offerings are not what You desire – but me: my willing heart, my thoughts, my being, my soul! I eat Your Word. I delight to do Your will. You have placed Your law within my heart!

“I am justified!” I proclaim the good news of righteousness before others. I cannot control the words that flow from my mouth. You know me! I will not hide Your righteousness within my heart – even now it flows freely. You are faithful! You are my salvation! I express Your lovingkindness and truth to the world!!

Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me. May Your lovingkindness and truth continually preserve me. Evil surrounds me – too numerous to count! The stain of sin scars me, pushing my head further into the pit. I am unable to look up. My sins outnumber the hairs on my head. My heart is deceitful, running after wants instead of seeking needs.

Come quickly, Lord! Deliver me!

Confuse and shame those who seek to destroy me. Push back and dishonor the name of those that wish to do me evil – may they be confounded by their shame.

I rejoice, and again I say, “REJOICE!” I seek You and find my gladness in Your presence. I’m in love with Your salvation! Lord, You are magnificent!


You are mindful of me – poor and needy as I am. You are my help and my deliverer! Do not delay, O my God. 

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!