Friday, September 26, 2014

Beautiful Ashes (A Prayer of Isaiah 61)


Oh Lord and My God!

Your Spirit rests upon me. Thank you for anointing me to preach your love to the poor and brokenhearted. I am praying for liberty of those captive by Satan’s sway. Use me to lose those that are bound.

This is the acceptable year of our Lord.

You are my protection. Your vengeance is just and swift.

You provide comfort for all who mourn. You give me beauty for ashes - those things I have created that have burned up, slipping through my hands. You fill my lamp brimming with joy’s oil. The lamplight dispels the shadows of mourning into exclamations of your provision. 

I am so weary Lord. This world is hard on me. The heaviness of this burden is crippling. Yet, you lift it from my shoulders and replace it with a garment of praise. Glory upon glory!

You have called me a “tree of righteousness”. Your hand has tilled the soft earth, laying the seed, nurturing it with growth, and it has sprouted up so that you may be glorified. All glory and honor is due Your Name!

You allow me to make sense of the desolation. I rebuild from the old ruins and raise-up from former desolations.

You send others to tend to my needs. These individuals used by your hand.

You have named me, “priestess”. I am your humble servant.

You have given me new life! I will glory in it and others will take notice.

You give me double honor in place of shame. Clarity, my portion, in the midst of confusion – everlasting joy shall be mine!

You are a lover of justice. You want my absolute best, no junk on your altar.

Lord, you lead my hands to do your work in truth. You have made an everlasting covenant with me. I am the one whom you have blessed.

I give you praise Lord. I will rejoice again and again. My soul is joy-filled in You, my God. You have clothed me in a garment of salvation and sheltered me with a robe of righteousness, just as a bride adorns herself with jewels and a bridegroom with ornaments.

You cause all things to grow and flourish. Just as the garden springs forth from the seeds sewn, so you, Oh Lord God, cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all nations.

Thank you Lord! I worship you.

 

 

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!