Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Daisy Dress


Blood...blood everywhere...
on the walls
on the floor
dripping from the ceiling.
The flat sound as it smacks the floor shutters within her heart.
The air is stifling - acrid and heavy.
It as if it takes on a life of its own,
sighing deeply,
consuming all the oxygen from the stale air.
It covers her...
her hair
her clothes
her skin
and dries dark under her nails - black red.
 
She watches the sea from the blood splotched window.
The waves curl & break,
rumbling the sturdy poles that hold the small house
above their advance and retreat!
The house trembles under their less than gentle stroke.
 
He boarded up the door.
She scooped out great bright spoonfuls of her heart,
gave them to him without reservaion...
penance for him to be what she needed him to be.
Yet, he would not yield,
he would not be...
Instead he threw the pieces and watched with murderous glee
as they were eaten by the sea.
 
Shutters...all she feels, the beat too faint,
too many pieces gone,
barely there,
barely hangin on.
 
She wore his favorite dress today.
The one with the daisies on the hem.
"My pretty little princess," he cooed,
delicious and sweet,
"my fair haired child - my beauty queen."
 
Her stomach clinches with the words and now bile is mixed with blood.
 
Entomed in blood...
feeling vibrations of the sea...
but never being able to slip her toes in the foam,
or bury them in the sand.
 
It isn't death!
Death she would feel!
numb
the numbing
 
Close your mind to frightful things child, look to the beauty around.
Close your heart to pain child, look to the beauty that is within.

No comments:

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

"...you are a daughter of Kings!" (Aragorn to Eowyn in LOTR2)

Blog Archive

Top 10 Books

  • Julie

About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian who loves Christ with all her heart. I love to laugh, I love to cry (sometimes), I love to feel deeply. I want the road bendy & the windows rolled down. I want all the wick & wax gone. I want to live with reckless abandon. I want to have deep, authentic intimacy with others. My hope and prayer is that I will effect & be effected. This journey is my own!